Tuesday 13 October 2009

50 'new' books in 2009

Challenge I set myself at the beginning of the year: to read 50 books I'd never read before. As the list below shows, I have fallen far of this target (and I have two and a half months to catch up, right...). I have read over 50 books, but some of those are of the leisurely, comfort, repeat read type and I don't count those; that's me being lazy.

01. Lord John and the Hand of Devils - Diana Gabaldon*
02. Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
03. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
04. Naomi and Eli's No Kiss List - Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
05. The Thursday Kidnapping - Antonia Forest
06. The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith
07. Gingerbread - Rachel Cohn
08. Shrimp - Rachel Cohn
09. Cupcake - Rachel Cohn
10. Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets - David Simon
11. The House That Jack Built - Guy Adams**
12. Into the Silence - Sarah Pinborough**
13. Bay of the Dead - Mark Morris**
14. Silverfin - Charlie Higson
15. My Family and Other Disasters - Lucy Mangan
16. Death in a White Tie - Ngaio Marsh
17. Artists in Crime - Ngaio Marsh
18. Hopscotch & Handbags - Lucy Mangan
19. And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie***
20. Silksinger - Laini Taylor
21. Consequences - assorted but James Moran = dude**
22. Lips Touch - Laini Taylor
23. Private - Keep Out! - Gwen Grant
24. Peril at End House - Agatha Christie
25. Ballet Shoes - Noel Streatfeild
26. The Big Four - Agatha Christie

(updated 17/10/09)

I am not even halfway through. I may review some of these, though. As another form of procrastination.
EDIT 17/10: over halfway through. Hurrah.

* Although the only short story in this collection I hadn't read before was 'Lord John and the Haunted Soldier'
** Yes, these are Torchwood tie in books. Yes, I admit to reading those. Yes, I am pissed off about the events of 3.4.
*** I actually read my mum's copy, which has the original title and the most politically incorrect cover I've ever seen.

No comments: