Saturday 14 August 2010

Bad lazy type (for which I blame others)

I won NaNo, yay! I have done nothing since then - er, boo! Yes, boo me. Turns out changing the sort of scrappy, caffeine-fuelled, muddled draft I created during NaNo takes some doing, especially when subsequent thinking makes you want to change the entire plot, add POVs, alter subplots, mess about with what I thought were fixed ideas - generally rip the entire thing to pieces and then stare at the remains with hollow eyes while clutching a glass of wine and wondering how it happened.

Have been procrastinating like crazy, pondering such important issues as
1) should I start a book blog? My thoughts on books I like tend to be confined to "it was awesome/lovely/I can't put it down even though I've finished it" and on those I hate along the lines of blistering rants ending in "how did this get published?!?!? How!?!?!"
2) should I get a livejournal? This is purely for the usage of pretty icons
3) moving to London - actually, this was an important issue

TV has not helped. Yes, it is entirely the TV's fault that I have been watching that when I should have been writing. But there has been new Doctor Who! And Sherlock, which was unbelievably good. I think I blame Stephen Moffat for this, as he was responsible for both of these.

Basically: I have been a lazy procrastinating type, and all that needs to change. That is my Half Year Resolution.

1 comment:

Stephanie Perkins said...

I've gotten so far behind on my Goodreads messages (that it's basically a lost cause), but I wanted to let you know: (A) it was lovely seeing you in my blog comments the other day, and (B) HI! I like you!

:D